Night Shift Cleaning Manager
Seafood factory - industrial cleaning shift
At Kono Seafood we farm, harvest and process mussels, using stringent safety and sustainability standards, to share with the world.
Our connection to the land and sea is at the heart of our identity as Māori. Food and hospitality underpin our way of life. Sharing seafood with whānau, family and manuhiri, guests is an important part of our culture.
Our location, in one of the worlds most isolated and pristine environments, provides a unique growing condition for Kono seafood. The majority of our Greenshell mussels are hand-raised in the cool, remote and unpopulated waters of the Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South Island.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager this role will be responsible for ensuring that the night shift runs efficiently. Driving continuous improvement in safety, quality, people, cost and delivery are the key drivers in this role. You will know how to work well in a team environment and be able to step up when the Site Operations Manager is unavailable.
Problem solving and decision making on a daily basis, demonstrating clear solution strategies and corrective action planning.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- managing the day-to-day cleaning shift with effective leadership of the cleaning team
- the daily execution of health & safety, quality, cost, and people development targets across the cleaning operation
- working corroboratively with internal customers to support innovation, change and continuous improvement
- be experienced in a leadership role
- have previous experience in the seafood or food processing industry
- have good organisational skills with the ability to identify and prioritise important issues and tasks
- have an understanding of Quality Assurance and Food Safety Systems
- have exposure to and knowledge of legislation and compliance requirements, and best practice of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- negotiating skills covering influencing peers, budgeting and cost centre management
- have presentation, facilitation, and coaching skills -
- have experience in project management/planning/organising
- be computer literate-across both MS Office and manufacturing applications
- have problem solving and decision making abilities, demonstrating a clear solution focused strategy and corrective action planning.
This is a great opportunity to lead the cleaning shift in our seafood processing plant in what is a varied and interesting role.
In return, we have a talented team and friendly environment, with a competitive salary and career development opportunities. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.