At Kono Seafood we farm, harvest and process mussels, using stringent safety and sustainability standards, to share with the world.
Our connection to the land and sea is at the heart of our identity as Māori. Food and hospitality underpin our way of life. Sharing seafood with whānau, family and manuhiri, guests, is an important part of our culture.
Our location, in one of the worlds most isolated and pristine environments, provides a unique growing condition for Kono seafood. The majority of our Greenshell mussels are hand-raised in the cool, remote and unpopulated waters of the Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South Island.
Reporting to the Cleaning Shift Manager this role will be responsible for ensuring that the night shift runs efficiently and will be the first point of call for cleaning shift staff. Driving continuous improvement in safety, quality, people and cost are the drivers in this role. You will know how to work well in a team environment and be able to step up when the Cleaning Shift Manager is unavailable.
The hours of work are 10:00pm to 6.00am and as reasonably required, work on the weekend.
Key criteria and responsibilities include:
- an in depth knowledge of Health & Safety protocol in a factory environment
- experience in food hygiene regulations
- a full understanding of cleanroom processing requirements
- effective planning and decision-making skills
- experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- the ability to work in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- strong communication and relationship management skills
- a high level of initiative with a proactive approach to management and health and safety
- a willingness to be hands-on, and physically fit
The successful applicant will have the ability and aptitude to work alongside both the cleaning staff and to lead by example in a busy work environment where adherence to procedures and JES requirements are essential. This is a challenging but rewarding role in a dynamic and fast-growing company.
Experience in a supervisory or management role within an industrial food processing environment or a related industry is strongly desirable, as are good spoken and written English and communication skills. Some flexibility around shift hours may also be required.
All applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa