Pack Room Quality Control - Afternoon Shift
At Kono Foods we take New Zealand's reputation for world-class seafood seriously. We take the best seafood from all over New Zealand, cultivate and catch our produce using the most stringent of safety and sustainability standards. We bring the best of New Zealand seafood to the world.
We are looking for a motivated experienced Pack Room Quality Controller to join our team based at our Seafood factory in Riverlands.
The role: (brief outline)
- Observe all personal and factory hygiene requirements set by Kono
- Pre-operational checks carried out before the start of shift.
- Knowledge of product specifications and customer requirements
- Carry out quality control checks and report any parameters out of specification regarding Temperature, defect levels and glaze. (e.g. CCP4, CCP5, defect Analysis, Packaging checks).
- Complete product sampling as required by QA
- Analyse defect levels and report to the opening room for corrective action
- Product temperature exit the spiral at a minimum of -10ºC.
- Checking for complete coverage of glaze for each mussel
- Must adhere to food safety standards
If you believe you have the knowledge and skills to take on this role then we would love to hear from you!
This position is full-time Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays required. We have a shutdown period around July which can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks dependent on the mussel product.
To apply for this role you will be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.