2IC - Seafood Factory Day Shift
Bag Room 2IC
At Kono Seafood we take New Zealand's reputation for world-class seafood seriously. We take the best seafood from all over New Zealand, cultivate and catch our produce using the most stringent safety and sustainability standards. We bring the best of New Zealand seafood to the world.
We are seeking a 2IC for our bag room morning shift to assist with manufacturing operations and to help achieve optimum production through our bag room department. This will be achieved through being both hands-on as well as effectively leading, managing and motivating our team.
Reporting to the Team Leader, key criteria and responsibilities include:
- a strong understanding of manufacturing and production environments
- Health & Safety protocol in a factory environment
- Food Hygiene standards regulations
- an understanding of cleanroom processing requirements
- effective planning and decision-making skills
- experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- the ability to work in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- strong communication and relationship management skills
- a high level of initiative with a proactive approach to management and health and safety
- a willingness to be hands-on, and physically fit
The successful applicant will have the ability and aptitude to work alongside both his or her fellow production staff and to lead by example in a busy work environment where adherence to procedures and JES requirements are essential. This is a challenging but rewarding role in a dynamic and fast-growing company.
Experience in a supervisory or management role within an industrial food processing environment or a related industry is strongly desirable, as are good spoken and written English and communication skills. Some flexibility around shift hours may also be required.
All applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa