Factory Maintenance Engineer
At Kono Seafood we take New Zealand's reputation for world class seafood seriously. We take the best seafood from all over New Zealand, cultivate and catch our produce using the most stringent of safety and sustainability standards. We bring the best of New Zealand seafood to the world.
We are currently seeking qualified maintenance engineers to join our team in Blenheim. Reporting directly to the Plant Maintenance Manager, you will get involved in all the day to day projects including repair and preventative maintenance, ensuring the timely repairs to plant and equipment during production to keep downtime to a minimum.
The primary/key responsibilities of this role are:
- Shift Engineer implementing best practice to produce high quality products at lowest cost, exceeding standards for environmental control, Health & Safety
- Troubleshoots manufacturing processes and determines root cause failures
- Continuous improvement of process and performance, including planning, execution and problem solving.
You will be Fitter and Turner qualified or similar, but most importantly will have the following attributes:
- Problem solving
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Stringent around Health and safety
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize in a variety of manufacturing engineering disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practical problem solving skills, ability to think laterally, common sense and the ability to work with and contribute within a small team will be important
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience within a food processing environment highly desirable
You will thrive on a fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment and be capable of working in a team as well as working independently. If you think you have got what it takes then we want to hear from you.
Applicants MUST have New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency and MUST be Trade qualified. Kono has a drug and alcohol policy and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and medical screening.